Position: Sales and Marketing Officer (1 Post) Full Time Position
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Executive Secretary Organization Description
ProjeKt Inspire is a local company that has been working with Tanzanian youth to create career awareness and lightening career paths specifically in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). We envision a generation of well- rounded African nurtured STEM professionals with an invaluable set of skills and knowledge for innovation and development of Africa. Our mission is to ensure young people have access to affordable quality tools and resources necessary for STEM education and their success in STEM fields.
The Sales & Marketing Officer leads, manages and is accountable for the company’s products Sales, Marketing, Distribution and Development in order to meet the established objectives for growth and profitability of ProjeKt Inspire (T) Limited.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Experience Length: 3 years
Job Description Main Tasks:
- Tracks company’s sales data, maintains promotional materials inventory, plans meetings and trade shows, maintains databases, and prepares report.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; and updating calendars for the products.
- Answers questions from clients about our products and service benefits
- Maintains excellent relationships with clients through superior customer service
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases. Conduct market research and identify consumer trends in the market.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Selling and promoting products and other Projekt Inspire services
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests from Management.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manages relationships with external vendors and customers to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
Qualifications for Sales and Marketing Officer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Sales & marketing especially selling service.
- Understanding and knowledge of sales and marketing especially selling service.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure
How to apply: Application should be addressed to the Human and administration office.
- Submit detailed CV with three referees and cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com with subject of Application for sales and marketing officer.
- Application which does not include all of these details will not be considered.Note: The closing date for this application is 18th July, 2020 23:59 (EAT). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Download the full application DOCUMENT HERE.