The number of students pursuing STEM education in tertiary institution in Tanzania has been dropping from 34% in 2004 to 14% in 2012. Due to this, Inspire STEM has decided to organize a STEM Boot Camp for Secondary School Students in Tanzania.
This boot camp is aimed at increasing participation of students in the STEM field giving them an opportunity to learn about various career paths and develop interest in the field, triggering their creativity and research skills thus developing a well-rounded education essential to country’s development.
This boot camp is important particularly to students who do not have access to knowledge about opportunities in STEM fields.
What We Need
- This funds will cater for costs for secondary students from local communities across Tanzania who can not afford to cater for the camp expenses.
- The amount of funds received will determine how many secondary students will be selected to attend the camp. The more the funds, the more the students, the more the impact to the Tanzanian youth.
- The total cost per head is 150$. The camp will take place for 5 days, and the funds will cater for accommodation, meals, transportation, STEM tool kits and excursion activities.
These funds will cater for 100 students across Tanzanian mainland particularly in rural areas who can not afford to attend the camp.
- We believe this will trigger students’ passion by actively engaging them into research, problem solving and creativity in the science and mathematics fields;
- Empower female students to actively participate and engage in STEM subjects, thus improving their overall performance in STEM fields;
- Offer career guidance and inspiration to students interested in pursuing higher education in the STEM fields;
- And serve as a bridge between the students, faculties and employers in the STEM fields.
The Boot Camp will have vast number of activities for students to explore and be part of the initiative. Such activities include, but not limited to:
- Introduction to computer science and programming
- Mobile App Development
- Building robots and drones
- Building renewal energy systems
- Biomedical engineering at a glance
- Science cafes and science slams
- Excursion activities and team competitions
- Career fair and 1:1 mentoring
- Other Ways You Can Help
- Please share the information with people who will be interested to share the spirit of STEM education to young Tanzanian youth
We accept STEM kits donations such as Arduinos, breadboaRaspberry Pi Kits, drone kits, etc